- In stock
‘Terrifyingly fun! Max Brallier’s The Last Kids on Earth delivers big thrills and even bigger laughs.’ Jeff Kinney, author of Diary of a Wimpy Kid.
SOON TO BE A MAJOR NETFLIX SERIES!
‘Forty-two days ago I was an ordinary kid, living an uneventful life. But now it’s TOTAL MONSTER ZOMBIE CHAOS and I’m battling beasts on a daily basis. Crazy, right? But I know exactly how to make it through the zombie apocalypse.’
Meet Jack Sullivan, self-described as a late-blooming, slow-developing 13-year-old who has so far survived the zombie apocalypse by hiding out in his treehouse. Overnight Jack’s life has become like the plot of a video game and he has come up with his own ULTIMATE FEATS OF APOCALYPTIC SUCCESS:
· Locate Quint Baker, best friend and inventor
· Find and rescue June Del Toro, his secret love interest
· Defeat Blarg, the biggest, baddest monster in town
· Become a zombie-fighting, monster-bashing tornado of cool!
The Simpsons meets The Walking Dead in the first book of a hilarious new monster adventure series. Fans of Wimpy Kid, Tom Gates, Barry Loser and Dogman will love accompanying Jack on his mission to become the post-apocalyptic action hero. With hilarious, action-filled illustrations from Douglas Holgate bringing the story to life on every page, The Last Kids on Earth will captivate even the most reluctant readers. Perfect for zombie-hunters of 8 years and upwards.
The Last Kids on Earth series:
The Last Kids on Earth
The Last Kids on Earth and the Zombie Parade
The Last Kids on Earth and the Nightmare King
The Last Kids on Earth and the Cosmic Beyond
- 'terrifically funny' … Holgate’s b&w cartoons mix splatter-and-slime-heavy action sequences with humorous character profiles (a portrait of a “winged wretch… points out the creature’s “huge, hooked talons like a freaking velociraptor…), all playing into Jack’s gamified take on post-apocalyptic life. Snarky end-of-the-world fun. Ages 8-12.', Reviewer, Publisher's Weekly
- 'this is the perfect book for any kid who's ever dreamed of starring in his or her own comic book or video game.', Critic, KIDSREADS.COM
- 'This is a book that will keep you turning the pages, regardless of your age, and is a fantastic book for reluctant readers. It’s easily accessible, it’s funny, and there’s plenty of monster action.', Stephanie O'Connell, 100% Rock Magazine