- In stock
Exam Board: SQA
First Teaching: 2018, First Exam: 2019
The Higher History Course Notes helps teachers and students map their route through the CfE programme, providing comprehensive and authoritative guidance for the course.
Progress and attainment for all
• A complete course text with six of the most popular topics covered in depth (The Wars of Independence; Migration and Empire; The Making of Modern Britain; Germany; Russia and USA)
• ‘Activities’ will get students thinking about what they have learned and help them to develop the skills needed for the assessment
• ‘Activities’ are mapped and indexed by Outcome so you can see at a glance which criteria each activity fulfils
• ‘Make the link’ features encourage broader thinking between and across subjects
• ‘Hints’ give helpful tips to support learning and highlight important information
• ‘Historiography’ will help students to analyse the importance of historical events
Assessment and practice you can rely on
• ‘Exam style questions’ for every section ensure that students will be fully prepared for the assessment
• ‘Summary’ sections and ‘Learning checklists’ enable students to monitor progress regularly
Course Notes give a practical, supportive approach to help deliver the new curriculum and offer a blend of sound teaching and learning with assessment guidance.