- In stock
The stunning new 10+ story from the bestselling and award-winning author of TIME TRAVELLING WITH A HAMSTER, for anyone who loved the humour of WALL-E, the action of STAR WARS and the deeply touching emotion of ET.
A small village in the wilds of Northumberland is rocked by the disappearance of twelve-year-old Tammy. Only her twin brother, Ethan, knows she is safe – and the extraordinary truth of where she is. It is a secret he must keep, or risk never seeing her again.
But that doesn’t mean he’s going to give up.
Together with his friend Iggy and the mysterious (and very hairy) Hellyann, Ethan teams up with a spaceship called Philip, and Suzy the trained chicken, for a nail-biting chase to get his sister back… that will take him further than anyone has ever been before.
A remarkable story of sibling connection, friendship and interstellar adventure from the author Kiran Millwood Hargrave called “one of my favourite middle grade writers”.
- Praise for THE KID WHO CAME FROM SPACE:
- "Original, amusing and gripping. Welford is a remarkably entertaining storyteller" Sunday Times Children's Book of the Week
- "Ross Welford is superb. This tense, rip-roaring, witty adventure is underpinned by a moving examination of love and loyalty" Daily Mail
- "A masterclass in children's storytelling" Waterstones.com, Best Books to Look Out For in 2020
- ”'Ross Welford is superb at blending the raw emotion of troubled children with other-worldly imaginative, fantasy powers (in) this tense, rip-roaring, witty adventure.”The Daily Mail
- ”'The gripping suspense truly makes time fly… the book’s heart and humour are hard to resist.”Piers Torday, author of The Last Wild
- ”'Extremely clever and totally engaging.”The Irish Times
- ”'Intelligent, well crafted and impressive.”Nicolette Jones, The Sunday Times
- ”'Touching, silly and exciting by turns, this thrilling little book is an inventive take on time travel for children. Sure to be a hit with fans of R.J. Palacio's Wonder… an unforgettable, madcap story from a bright new talent in Children’s fiction.”Waterstones
- ”'A touching tale of family, grief and love.”Daily Express
- ”'With intriguing twists from start to finish, this story is a real roller coaster of emotions. It warmed my heart and filled my head with wonder! A fast, funny and really satisfying read that sparks your imagination.”Joseph, 10