- Released in 76 days
Melrose and Croc discuss all the reasons they are all the very best of friends. From the creator of the Blue Kangaroo series, these adorable characters will soon be your best friends too!
Melrose and Croc are the best of friends. They love all the things about each other that make them who they are.
So when Melrose or Croc feels that nothing they do is good enough, they always know how to cheer each other up – it’s easy: they remind one another of ALL the different things that make them special – unique and totally loveable!
The universal theme of friendship and understanding is sure to touch every heart, as Melrose and Croc show how to love others and also yourself.
A summary of the attributes that each character likes about the other on pages 26 and 27 supports children in recapping the main events in the story.
Orange/Band 6 books offer varied text and characters, with action sustained over several pages.
Ideas for reading at the back of the book provide practical support and stimulating activities.
- Praise for ‘Melrose and Croc’:
- 'Full of bright detail, this is a picture book young readers could well dream about as being the next best thing to entering its pages.' The Independent
- 'Two irresistible new characters from the creator of the popular Blue Kangaroo series.' Winter edition, Primary Times
- 'A heart-warming tale of how friendships begin… This book is a wonderful tactile experience, from the shimmery glittery cover… to the gentle watercolours inside, which are printed on the creamiest of papers.' The Irish Times
- 'It delights children but adults will appreciate the period evocation of the festive-season cities and the off-season seaside.' The Sunday Times
- 'Incredibly touching story.' Primary Times
- 'Gorgeous Christmassy story about friendship.' Angels and Urchins
- 'You don't have to get too sentimental to find something special…The light in the illustrations makes this book all the more magical.' Junior
- 'This author/illustrator goes from strength to strength… Mouth-watering illustrations, ideal text, two mightily engaging characters – altogether the star on top of the tree.' Carousel