- In stock
The popular beginner instruction books for kids with fun exercises, theory and easy songs to play.
This book contains over 30 carols for the beginner pianist, featuring a range of techniques and quizzes to support musical development from the very first lessons to Grade 2.
Full of festive favourites such as Jingle bells, Silent night and Deck the halls, with a few lesser known carols included for good measure, many of the pieces have simple but effective teacher duet parts to encourage ensemble playing from the start. The book is illustrated throughout in the charming Get Set! style, and students are encouraged to decorate and colour in the drawings to reflect their progress.
Packed with fantastic, tried-and-tested arrangements and a variety of fun activities to reinforce learning, this is the ultimate beginner piano Christmas book!
Expertly put together by award-winning authors, pieces include:
• Good King Wenceslas
• Jolly old Saint Nicholas
• O come, all ye faithful
• Up on the housetop
• Jingle, bells
• Away in a manger
• Infant holy, Infant lowly
• Under Bethl’hem’s star so bright
• The holly and the ivy
• The first Nowell
• O little town of Bethlehem
• We wish you a Merry Christmas
• Once in royal David’s city
• Hark! the herald angels sing
• Silent night
• Deck the hall
• The Virgin Mary had a baby boy
• Ding dong! merrily on high
• God rest you merry, gentlemen
• Huron carol
• Gabriel’s message
• Cantemos a María
• While shepherds watched their flocks
• Mary rocked her baby!
• I saw three ships
• Y Gelynnen (The holly)
• We three kings of Orient are
• Go, tell it on the mountain
- ”'…this is a Christmas book with a real difference, including so much more than just the same seasonal classics… The standout feature of so many of these arrangements is that they combine an astute awareness of what really works on the piano, with a solid pedagogic foundation… the pieces are fun to play, sound great, and are educational at the same time… It’s this level of care and planning which elevates Get Set! Piano Christmas Crackers above so many competing books…. In short, the book is chock-full of great ideas, creative approaches, and fun suggestions - all given an engaging and often amusing festive twist.”~ Andrew Eales (pianist, teacher and writer), Pianodao
- ”'I have a few treasured and very dog-eared Christmas music books for myself and my pupils. This bumper offering - over 30 carols for the beginner to Grade 2 level pianist - is about to join that collection.”~ Fiona Lau, Music Teacher Magazine
- ”'Each carol is preceded by suggestions for learning activities associated with the pieces, and there are plentiful quizzes, tips, games, facts and other suggestions too. The early pieces have effective duet accompaniments making the book accessible to players in the very early stages of learning. Another cracker (excuse the pun) from David and Karen.”~ David Barton (pianist and educator)