- In stock
Gift a puzzle book stocking filler this Christmas
An updated edition from expert crossword setter and experienced tutor, Tim Moorey, including 24 brand-new annotated practice crosswords.
Cryptic crosswords are no longer the preserve of the elite: in this easy-to-use guide, Tim demonstrates that anyone who enjoys words and word play can learn to solve a cryptic crossword clue.
With clear pictorially presented explanations for many clues, you can revel in the deep satisfaction that comes from finishing cryptic crossword puzzles.
Designed to apply to the solving of any cryptic crossword, this book develops and expands Tim’s first book, How to Master The Times Crossword, and is designed to guide the cryptic crossword beginner to an enriched solving experience.
• 24 clearly annotated practice puzzles from different newspaper and magazine sources
• Many new hints and tips to help every solver
• Greatly expanded lists e.g. of those all-important abbreviations you should know
• 10 top tips from a champion solver on how to tackle a typical daily cryptic
• Up-to-date sections on the latest help available online eg smartphone and tablet apps
• In-depth and clear explanations of every clue and puzzle answer
• Suitable for children as an introduction to cryptics
- ”'The best 'how to solve”book available' Richard Browne, former Crossword Editor The Times
- ”'The best 'how to solve’ book available”Richard Browne, former Crossword Editor The Times
- ”'The clarity of Tim’s methodical explanations allowed me, a complete novice, to get to grips with cryptics with optimism and an ever- growing pleasure. The book is a compelling and entertaining read in its own right, an invaluable tool and companion in demystifying the art of the Crossword.”Andrew Marriner
- ”'I struggled with cryptics but after reading this book I have improved such that I can now complete most crosswords.”Ronald Dillon
- ”'I have recently discovered cryptic crosswords which have become a huge hobby and interest. I have read your book which is extremely informative and have learnt a lot. It has definitely improved my solving skills.”Jonathan Levene (13)