- In stock
Wet foot. Dry foot. Low foot. High foot! Early readers will enjoy marching in time to the beat of many, many feet with Dr. Seuss’s fun exploration of opposites.
Left foot, right foot, feet feet feet! How many, many, feet you meet… Take a wild walk with Dr. Seuss and learn all about opposites from a riotous range of characters!
With his unique combination of hilarious stories, zany pictures and riotous rhymes, Dr. Seuss has been delighting young children and helping them learn to read for over fifty years. Creator of the wonderfully anarchic Cat in the Hat, and ranking among the UK’s top ten favourite children’s authors, Seuss is firmly established as a global best-seller, with nearly half a million books sold worldwide.
This delightful book forms part of the third stage in HarperCollins’ major Dr. Seuss rebrand programme. With the relaunch of six more titles in January 2004, such all-time favourites as ‘The Lorax’, ‘The Foot Book’ and ‘Yertle the Turtle’ now boast bright new covers that incorporate much-needed guidance on reading levels: Blue Back Books are for parents to share with young children, Green Back Books are for budding readers to tackle on their own, and Yellow Back Books are for older, more fluent readers to enjoy. The Foot Book belongs to the Blue Back Book range.
- ”Praise for Dr. Seuss:'[Dr. Seuss] has…instilled a lifelong love of books, learning and reading [in children]”The Telegraph
- ”'Dr. Seuss ignites a child’s imagination with his mischievous characters and zany verses”The Express
- ”'The magic of Dr. Seuss, with his hilarious rhymes, belongs on the family bookshelf”Sunday Times Magazine
- ”'The author… has filled many a childhood with unforgettable characters, stunning illustrations, and of course, glorious rhyme”The Guardian
- ”Praise for And To Think That I Saw it On Mulberry Street:'The cleverest book I have met with for many years. The swing and merriment of the pictures and the natural truthful simplicity of the untruthfulness.”Beatrix Potter, author of The Tale of Peter Rabbit