- In stock
“This is a great guide to the night sky at a great price”Astronomy Now
A comprehensive handbook to the planets, stars and constellations visible from the northern hemisphere. 6 pages for each month covering January–December 2019.
This practical guide is both an easy introduction to astronomy and a useful reference for seasoned stargazers. Now includes a section on comets and a map of the moon.
Designed for Britain and Ireland but usable anywhere in the world between 40°N and 60°N, covering most of Europe, southern Canada and the northern United States.
Written and illustrated by astronomical experts, Storm Dunlop and Wil Tirion, and approved by the astronomers of the Royal Observatory Greenwich.
• Advice on where to start looking.
• Easy-to-use star maps for each month with descriptions of what to see.
• Positions of the moon and visible planets.
• Details of objects and events you might see in 2019.
• Diagrams of notable events visible from Britain.
Also available: A month-by-month guide to exploring the skies south of the Equator ISBN 978-0-00-829499-1 andA month-by-month guide to exploring the skies above North America ISBN 978-0-22-810105-5.
- “A handy and straightforward guide … attractive little booklet.” British Astronomical Association's 'Journal'
- “An ideal Christmas stocking-filler.” The Observatory
- “This is a great guide to the night sky at a great price.” Astronomy Now