- In stock
Provide students with a strong understanding of religion with high quality, engaging and content-rich resources building a firm foundation for the new GCSE 9-1 Religious Studies.
Deliver a rich, coherent RE course at KS3 and equip pupils with a deep understanding of religion with ready-made, flexible and high quality KS3 lessons.
‘Knowing Religion’ is written by an author team of experienced RE teachers and led by series editor Robert Orme of West London Free School.
• Discover the history and beliefs of Christianity, Islam, and Judaism as well as these religions in the modern world
• Start teaching straight away with Teacher Guide resources available on Collins Connect, including teaching ideas and support along with answers to questions in the student books
• Give pupils the grounding they need to excel at GCSE RS
• Ignite an interest in religion through a compelling narrative, fascinating facts and extraordinary people
• Aid pupil memory with a ‘knowledge organiser’ at the end of each unit covering key vocabulary, people, places, and dates• Spark discussion and assess understanding with questions for each lesson including longer-form discursive questions to provide extended writing and essay practice
• 16 lessons on each religion to offer flexibility and map onto the school timetable with ease
• The ‘Knowing Religion’ series also includes resources on Buddhism, Hinduism, Sikhism and Biblical Literacy
- ”Knowing Religion provides essential grounding and practice for the demands of the new GCSE course.”– Lisa James, Curriculum Leader of Religion and Philosophy, Cardiff High School
- ”The structure of the books is excellent, and the explanations of religious concepts and practices are concise and succinct.”– Prabhjap Singh Jutla, The British Sikh School
- ”Knowing Religion not only provides a good grounding for further RE studies but also equips students with skills that will be transferable to a wide variety of learning contexts”– Debbie Smith, R.E. Co-ordinator, Ovingham Middle School