- In stock
Fully updated essential guide to exploring Britain by train, Railway Day Trips is ideal for anyone planning or looking for inspiration for a rail journey. From bestselling railway author Julian Holland.
This pocket companion is perfect for both casual and seasoned rail travellers. Plan adventures, follow the changing landscape through the train window and discover fascinating destinations.
Each journey incorporates a location map, route diagram and descriptive text on its history and geography, plus some of the highlights awaiting you at each destination. High-quality photographs illustrate every route throughout the book.
Based on his extensive knowledge of British rail travel, the author reveals appealing quirks of the various routes and provides practical tips on how to make the most of your journey.
160 day trips from all over the country are featured, departing from major towns and cities and culminating at a variety of interesting destinations.
This 2nd edition includes 10 new routes:
• Cambridge to Ipswich
• Hereford to Newport
• Cardiff to Ebbw Vale
• Carmarthen to Fishguard
• Manchester to Southport
• Sheffield to Lincoln
• Middlesbrough to Newcastle
• Glasgow to Perth
• Edinburgh to Tweedbank
• Inverness to Wick
- ”This pocket companion will quickly become an essential guide for anyone exploring Britain by train”The Gazette
- ”ideal for train lovers of all ages”Monmouthshire County Life
- ”'Railway Day Trips is ideal for anyone planning or looking for inspiration for a rail journey.”Motor Books
- ”'Railway Day Trips is ideal for anyone planning or looking for inspiration for a rail journey.”- Motor Books