- In stock
Take a look at the Himalayan mountain range – from the jungle valleys at the bottom right up to the icy peaks at the very top. Find out about the climate, the vegetation and the wildlife and how people live their lives at each level.
• Pearl/Band 18 books offer fluent readers a complex, substantial text with challenging themes to facilitate sustained comprehension, bridging the gap between a reading programme and longer chapter books.
• Text type – An information book.
• The book is organised into short chapters to help children practise the skills of locating and identifying important information.
• The glossary and index can be used to develop children's information retrieval skills further.
• Curriculum links: Geography