Collins Big Cat - Mega Plants: Band 12/Copper
Plants are amazing, different around the world – and the biggest living things ever. There are leaves twice as long as a bus, flowers that attract insects by smelling like dead bodies, and trees that grow taller than the Statue of Liberty or weigh ten times as much as a blue whale!
- Copper/Band 12 books provide more complex plots and longer chapters that develop reading stamina.
- Text type – An information book.
- The book is organised into short chapters to help children practise the skills of locating and identifying important information.
- The glossary and index on pages 30 and 31 can be used to develop children's information retrieval skills further.
- Curriculum links – Science
Collins Big Cat supports every primary child on their reading journey from phonics to fluency. Top authors and illustrators have created fiction and non-fiction books that children love to read. Book banded for guided and independent reading, there are reading notes in the back, comprehensive teaching and assessment support and ebooks available.
Collins Big Cat is a whole-school reading programme that provides complete support for primary reading. Children will become fluent readers through hundreds of high-quality fiction and non-fiction banded books by award-winning authors and illustrators. In-depth teaching resources support you in developing and assessing key reading skills at all stages from early reading through to phonics, to guided, whole-class and independent reading for more confident readers.