- In stock
Learn academic listening and note-taking skills
*The Collins Academic Skills Series - winner of the ELTon 2014 Innovation in Learner Resources Award.*
Collins Academic Skills Series: Lectures will give you the skills you need to get more out of the lectures you attend at university, by improving your preparation, understanding and note taking skills.
Through listening to real lectures and practice exercises you will learn how to
• take more efficient notes
• recognise signposting
• use course notes to predict lecture content
• improve your understanding
Collins Academic Skills Series: Lectures will help you to make the most of your time at university.
• CD containing authentic lectures at well-known universities
• Information on academic expectations – understand the requirements of studying at university
• Helpful tips and summaries
• Answer key and glossary
Lectures is part of a new six-book series to help international students achieve academic success at university. It is designed to support students who are studying, or preparing to study, at an English-speaking institution.
Suitable for students whose level of English is Upper Intermediate / CEF level B2 / IELTS 5.5 and higher
Other titles in the Collins Academic Skills Series
• Group Work • Numbers • Presenting • Research • Writing
- ”The book is clearly laid out in an easy to follow format. It is well written and certainly useful as supplementary material for EAP related classes for those students who are going on to study at University.”Marc Burgess, Director of Studies, Oxford House College
- 'This book addresses the key questions and issues that international students ask and experience when grappling with the challenges of comprehending lectures whilst simultaneously taking notes.' Debbie Mann, Coordinator of In-sessional Courses INTO NEWCASTLE (full review published by BEBC Review Panel http://www.bebc.co.uk/bookreviewcasslect)