Collins Big Cat Progress - The Monster of Pit Street: Band 08 Purple/Band 12 Copper
- Collins Big Cat Progress books are specifically designed for children at Key Stage 2 who have a Key Stage 1 reading level, giving them age-appropriate texts that they can read, building their confidence and fostering positive attitudes towards reading.
- Text type: A mystery story
- Curriculum links: Citizenship
- This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.
High-interest low ability readers for Key Stage 2.
Collins Big Cat Progress supports children reading below age-related expectations. Each book is dual banded with the interest and ability level, so you can ensure progress with high interest, age-appropriate books at the right reading level.
• Collins Big Cat Progress builds confidence, helping struggling pupils not only to read, but to love reading• Dual-banded books provide age-appropriate interest level material matched with a lower reading ability level• Every book is levelled by reading expert Cliff Moon to ensure precise, systematic, measureable progression to help close the ability gap.• The books use a range of reading strategies: phonic, graphic, syntactic and contextual to build confident, accurate, fluent readers• Designed to build speaking and listening skills, as well as reading skills, the books are highly visual and include incredible illustrations and photographs• Every book has a Key Stage 2 look-and-feel to engage older pupils and avoid stigmatisation• Topics are relevant for children in years 3-6 and connected to the curriculum and framework objectives for these years to support inclusion.• Progress titles contain a Reader Response page to encourage the pupil to respond to and recall what they have read. This offers an ideal opportunity to check comprehension.• Ideas for Reading, written by primary literacy expert Gill Howell are included in the back of every book to help you support the reading needs of each child