- In stock
Shortlisted at HRH THE DUKE OF EDINBURGH ENGLISH LANGUAGE BOOK AWARDS 2013
Develop key listening skills and become more confident when listening to English, however it is spoken.
To improve your listening skills, you need to hear real conversations. That’s why Collins Listening (A2) is based entirely on 20 authentic recordings. It will help you understand what is said to you in a variety of situations, and make sure everything you learn is useful.
Practise listening to real English in a range of accents by native and non-native speakers. Hear people talking about:
• Family • Where they live • Work, studies and career • Life in a town, city or another country • Sharing a house • Music and sport • Travel and tourism •
Collins Listening (A2) includes:
• Twenty units with a clear design in full colour.
• Authentic downloadable audio recordings of both native and non-native speakers of English, covering a wide variety of accents from around the world.
• Appendices containing detailed advice targeting specific listening skills.
• Mini-dictionary with definitions of the most difficult words in each unit, taken from the Collins COBUILD dictionary.
• Answer key.
Collins Listening (A2) is part of the English for Life series. It is suitable for self-study and classroom use, and can help towards Cambridge ESOL KET exam preparation. Suitable for pre-intermediate learners of English (CEF level A2).
The English for Life series uses authentic material from the Collins Corpus. The 4.5-billion-word Collins Corpus is the world’s largest database of the English language and is updated every month.
Also available in the Collins English for Life series:
For Pre-Intermediate (A2) learners:
Reading • Writing • Speaking
For Intermediate (B1+) learners:
Reading • Writing • Listening • Speaking
- ‘… an original entry with a strong layout, progression and development. It is easy to use and is successful in making even the mundane activities of daily life engaging and interesting. The audio files are authentic and the content is very suitable for the target audience.-English-Speaking Union judging panel at HRH The Duke of Edinburgh English Language Book Awards 2013
- About the Collins English for Life (B1+) series:‘… superb, attractively packaged series … excellent support for candidates preparing for the Cambridge FCE and higher … work on the topics, skills and current needs of the language learner …’Wayne Trotman, EL Gazette, August 2012