- In stock
Two giants of children’s publishing – Dr. Seuss and Quentin Blake – come together for this joyous celebration of life.
Part of the stylish and collectable Essential Picture Book Classics range, this book is full of Dr. Seuss’s trademark humour, illustrated beautifully by Quentin Blake.
The book celebrates the vitality of life - with everyone getting UP to enjoy life, from whales to waiters, girls, boys and alligators! Except for one character, who in the charming ending, is resolutely not getting UP!
Every day is a great day to read ‘Great Day for UP’!
- Praise for Dr. Seuss:“[Dr. Seuss] has…instilled a lifelong love of books, learning and reading [in children]” The Telegraph
- “Dr. Seuss ignites a child’s imagination with his mischievous characters and zany verses” The Express
- “The magic of Dr. Seuss, with his hilarious rhymes, belongs on the family bookshelf” Sunday Times Magazine
- “The author… has filled many a childhood with unforgettable characters, stunning illustrations, and of course, glorious rhyme” The Guardian
- Praise for And To Think That I Saw it On Mulberry Street:“The cleverest book I have met with for many years. The swing and merriment of the pictures and the natural truthful simplicity of the untruthfulness.”Beatrix Potter, author of The Tale of Peter Rabbit