- In stock
Collins brings the Queen of Crime, Agatha Christie, to English language learners.
Agatha Christie is the most widely published author of all time and in any language. Now Collins has adapted her famous detective novels for English language learners. These carefully adapted versions are shorter with the language targeted at upper-intermediate learners (CEF level B2).
Each reader includes:
• Audio with a reading of the adapted story
• Helpful notes on characters
• Cultural and historical notes relevant to the plot
• A glossary of the more difficult words
Roger Ackroyd is a man who knows too much.
He knows the woman he loved poisoned her first husband. He knows someone was blackmailing her – and now he knows she killed herself.
When Roger Ackroyd is found murdered, the famous Belgian
detective, Hercule Poirot, is called in to find out who the killer is.
- ”'As a teacher using the Amazing People ELT Readers in an Extensive Reading Project, I’m as happy as my students are: motivating topics/real people, interesting facts and a great alternative to Graded Reader fiction. Having said that, the same class is also reading books from the Agatha Christie series, and enjoying them very much. Their Reading Diaries are full of questions, speculation about who-dunnit and comments about 'unputdownability”. The buzz in the classroom when we’re swopping books is tangible.’Hania Bociek, Zürich, Switzerland