- In stock
Make yourself understood in business
This brand new self-study book is the perfect way for business people who spend a lot of time on the phone or in meetings and want to improve their spoken English, getting their message across effectively. The focus is on the key language required to speak English accurately in business.
'Collins English for Business' is a new series of self-study skills books which focus on the language you really need to do business in English – wherever you are in the world. Each title includes tips on how to communicate effectively and how to communicate inter-culturally. Other titles in the series: Listening and Writing.
• Powered by COBUILD – using the real language of business English
Twenty 4-page units cover the key areas, such as Networking and Small Talk, Telephoning, Telephone and Video Conferencing, Presentations and Interviews.
• Each unit contains:
- Exercises focused on vocabulary or key structures
- Grammar tips
- Key phrases
• Audio CD: dialogues are recorded by native speakers, using real-life situations and key phrases specific to different situations in the business environment.
- ”Finally, modern, well-written and practical Business English texts that are perfect for reference and/or classroom use.”Peter A. Lewis-Watts, Certified ESL Instructor, Barrie, Ontario, Canada.
- ”twenty, four-page units covering areas such as networking, negotiating, presentations, interviews and telephoning … a wealth of listening material. … sound advice on business communication … fascinating ‘Cultural notes”… useful information … from the COBUILD Corpus…. excellent language practice activities.’BEBC review, Book of the Month, EL Gazette, November 2011