- Out of stock
A lifetime of tales from the nation’s favourite storyteller, and award-winning author of WAR HORSE – the perfect gift for any book-lover.
The most comprehensive and definitive Michael Morpurgo collection ever, this gorgeous hardback edition features twenty-five enchanting short stories by the nation’s favourite storyteller – as well as extracts from twenty-five of his best-loved novels.
Divided into five parts – covering war, animals, memory, the sea and folk tales – this timeless treasury spans the whole of Michael Morpurgo’s glittering literary career.
Each of the five parts also features a full page illustration by the illustrators Michael has worked most closely with in the course of his writing life: Michael Foreman, Quentin Blake, Christian Birmingham, Emma Chichester-Clark and Peter Bailey. With such beautiful illustrations and such a wealth of extraordinary stories, don’t miss this stunning treat for collectors and fans alike.
- ”Praise for Michael Morpurgo:'Michael Morpurgo writes brilliantly about war and animals, conveying the big emotions without preaching.”Guardian
- ”'Champagne quality over a wide range of subjects.”Daily Telegraph
- ”'There are few children’s writers as compelling as Michael Morpurgo.”Daily Express
- ”'Morpurgo, as always, is subtle and skilful, and incorporates social and moral issues into his writing without being self-righteous or detracting from the quality of the narrative”Elizabeth Reilly, British Council
- ”'The former children's laureate has the happy knack of speaking to both child and adult readers.”Guardian