- In stock
The essential photographic field guide to all mammals, reptiles and amphibians in the British Isles and surrounding seas.
Collins Complete British Animals is a comprehensive guide to the identification of species and their tracks and trails.
Each animal has two pages of coverage, containing:
• detailed information
• distribution maps
• numerous photographs of the animal itself, its habitat, tracks and signs
Observation tips, habitats and natural history are included for each entry, and species are grouped according to families.
- ‘This one feels satisfyingly comprehensive, detailing the animal's looks, habitat, sounds, habits and how best to observe them, all backed up with stacks of photos. And with others in the series on insects, flowers, birds and trees, you can focus on your own particular area of interest.’Country Walking
- ‘An essential photographic guide to all mammals, reptiles and amphibians in the British Isles and surrounding seas.’RSPCA Animal Life
- Praise for the Collins Complete series:
- 'Wonderfully descriptive photographs'BBC Wildlife
- 'Packs in lots of well-chosen detail in compact form'British Wildlife
- ‘A bookshelf essential’The Field