Collins Big Cat Phonics - Real Monsters: Band 03/Yellow
- Yellow / Band 3 – A non-fiction recount
- Text type – Non-fiction
- The focus phonemes in this book are ew, a-e, ay and ea.
- The summary on the final spread allows children to recap on what happened in the text.
- Nic Bishop also wrote Blue 4 The Rainforest at Night.
- This title is paired with a story about fictional animals that live in the sea: Bart the Shark by Paul Shipton.
- This book has been levelled for Reading Recovery.
- This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.
Collins Big Cat Teacher resources offer practical planning support, with book-by-book information, assessment support, photocopiable activity sheets to help practice literacy objectives and support for writing.
• Book-by-book information, including curriculum links and learning objectives• Photocopiable activity sheets for every book• Assessment support and photocopiable masters• Support for managing reading sessions in the classroom