- In stock
If you dip a net into a pond, what will you see when you scoop it out? This non-fiction book supports work on nature and the world around you.
• Red / Band 2B – A simple non-fiction recount.
• Text type – Non-fiction
• The focus phonemes in this book are x, w and ue.
Other phonemes practised are ou, sh, th (this), th (thin), ng, ee and oo (look).
• The labelled illustration on the final spread enables children to discuss what they have learned about pond life.
• Alison Hawes also wrote Red 2A Pet Cat, Big Cat and The Big Red Bus; Red 2B Pond Dipping.
• This book has been levelled for Reading Recovery.
• This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.