- In stock
Build your child’s reading confidence at home with books at the right level
What's it like to compete in the world's largest sporting event? Find out all about the Olympic Games, when they began and how they have changed over time. Read about the different events and some of the amazing stories of how athletes have won their medals in this fascinating information book.
• Topaz/ Band 13 books offer longer and more demanding reads for children to investigate and evaluate.
• Text type: An infomation book.
• A useful chart on pages 46-47 compares Olympic events from the ancient games, the first modern games and the most recent games to help children discuss what they’ve read and think about the way the sporting event has changed and developed over time.
• Additional information retrieval devices such as a glossary and index can be evaluated for their usefulness as children develop critical reading skills.
• Curriculum links: Geography: Connecting ourselves to the world; Citizenship: Living in a diverse world.
• This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.