Collins Big Cat - The Olympic Games: Band 13/Topaz
What's it like to compete in the world's largest sporting event? Find out all about the Olympic Games, when they began and how they have changed over time. Read about the different events and some of the amazing stories of how athletes have won their medals in this fascinating information book.
- Topaz/ Band 13 books offer longer and more demanding reads for children to investigate and evaluate.
- Text type: An infomation book.
- A useful chart on pages 46-47 compares Olympic events from the ancient games, the first modern games and the most recent games to help children discuss what they’ve read and think about the way the sporting event has changed and developed over time.
- Additional information retrieval devices such as a glossary and index can be evaluated for their usefulness as children develop critical reading skills.
- Curriculum links: Geography: Connecting ourselves to the world; Citizenship: Living in a diverse world.
- This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.
Collins Big Cat supports every primary child on their reading journey from phonics to fluency. Top authors and illustrators have created fiction and non-fiction books that children love to read. Book banded for guided and independent reading, there are reading notes in the back, comprehensive teaching and assessment support and ebooks available.
Collins Big Cat is a whole-school reading programme that provides complete support for primary reading. Children will become fluent readers through hundreds of high-quality fiction and non-fiction banded books by award-winning authors and illustrators. In-depth teaching resources support you in developing and assessing key reading skills at all stages from early reading through to phonics, to guided, whole-class and independent reading for more confident readers.