- In stock
Build your child’s reading confidence at home with books at the right level
This fascinating book, written in conjunction with the London National Portrait Gallery, examines what portraits are and what they can tell you about the sitter (and the artist) through examining some of the world’s greatest portraits.
- Emerald/Band 15 books provide a widening range of genres including science fiction and biography, prompting more ways to respond to texts.
- Text type – Information book
- There is a useful glossary and index of pictures on pages 44-45 and a quiz on page 47, where readers have to guess the portrait from a given detail.
- Curriculum links – Art and design: the roles and purposes of artists, craftspeople and designers; History: Victorian Britain.
- This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.