Collins Big Cat - Buzz and Bingo in the Starry Sky: Band 10/White
In this comical adventure, Buzz and Bingo find themselves in Outer Space trying to help a lost alien, XY5, find his parents. Along the way they meet a number of glittering constellations in the starry sky and a whole family of aliens. But after assisting XY5 they find themselves with the problem of trying to get back to earth.
- White/Band 10 books have more complex sentences and figurative language.
- Text type – A humorous fantasy story.
- Pages 30 and 31 show an illustration of the night sky and the star formations observed by Buzz and Bingo in space, providing lots of opportunities for speaking and listening.
- Curriculum links – Citizenship: Living in a diverse world, Taking part.
- This is the return of Buzz and Bingo for the third in their mini-series.
- This book is paired with an informatio book on the same theme: Is There Anyone Out There?
- This book has been levelled for Reading Recovery.
- This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.
Collins Big Cat supports every primary child on their reading journey from phonics to fluency. Top authors and illustrators have created fiction and non-fiction books that children love to read. Book banded for guided and independent reading, there are reading notes in the back, comprehensive teaching and assessment support and ebooks available.
Collins Big Cat is a whole-school reading programme that provides complete support for primary reading. Children will become fluent readers through hundreds of high-quality fiction and non-fiction banded books by award-winning authors and illustrators. In-depth teaching resources support you in developing and assessing key reading skills at all stages from early reading through to phonics, to guided, whole-class and independent reading for more confident readers.