- Out of stock
To celebrate the ‘Seussentennial’ – the one hundredth aniversary of the birth of Dr. Seuss – HarperCollins are publishing this very special, sumptuously cloth-bound collector’s edition of The Cat in the Hat and The Cat in the Hat Comes Back.
The riotous Cat in the Hat, the most popular of Dr. Seuss’s creations, creates havoc in the lives of Sally and her brother from the moment he steps over the threshold.
To celebrate the Seussentennial, here is a chance to enjoy these two stories of madness and mayhem in an exquisite red velvet-style cloth-bound edition, featuring The Cat in the Hat and The Cat in the Hat Comes Back. Destined to become a firm favourite with both children and adults alike, this delightful book offers a special full colour artwork plate and an introduction by Audrey Geisel, ‘Dr. Seuss’s’ widow, giving a personal insight into life with the man himself. A silver foiled cat on the cover adds to the sumptuous feel of this must-have book.
- Praise for Dr. Seuss:“[Dr. Seuss] has…instilled a lifelong love of books, learning and reading [in children]” The Telegraph
- “Dr. Seuss ignites a child’s imagination with his mischievous characters and zany verses” The Express
- “The magic of Dr. Seuss, with his hilarious rhymes, belongs on the family bookshelf” Sunday Times Magazine
- “The author… has filled many a childhood with unforgettable characters, stunning illustrations, and of course, glorious rhyme” The Guardian
- Praise for And To Think That I Saw it On Mulberry Street:“The cleverest book I have met with for many years. The swing and merriment of the pictures and the natural truthful simplicity of the untruthfulness.”Beatrix Potter, author of The Tale of Peter Rabbit