- Out of stock
Here, combined in one volume, are ten of Dr. Seuss’s tallest tales, taken from three of his best-loved storybooks – The Sneetches, Yurtle the Turtle, and I Can Lick 30 Tigers Today! Packed with zany pictures and hilarious rhymes, the tales make enchanting bedtime reading.
Children will be tickled pink to meet the Star-Bellied Sneetches – whose bellies bear stars – and their rivals the Plain-Bellied Sneetches – who have none upon thars! Or King Looie Katz, king of Zatzen-stein, who makes his courtiers follow him round so his beautiful tail won’t drag on the ground.
Then there is the little sister who thunks a glunk in The Glunk That Got Thunk and gets more than she bargained for. Or the stubborn Zax who would rather have highways built over them than budge in their tracks.
With Dr. Seuss’s unique combination of outlandish storytelling and bold illustrations, these and a host of other characters are hilariously brought to life in this wonderful book.
- Praise for Dr. Seuss:“[Dr. Seuss] has…instilled a lifelong love of books, learning and reading [in children]” The Telegraph
- “Dr. Seuss ignites a child’s imagination with his mischievous characters and zany verses” The Express
- “The magic of Dr. Seuss, with his hilarious rhymes, belongs on the family bookshelf” Sunday Times Magazine
- “The author… has filled many a childhood with unforgettable characters, stunning illustrations, and of course, glorious rhyme” The Guardian
- Praise for And To Think That I Saw it On Mulberry Street:“The cleverest book I have met with for many years. The swing and merriment of the pictures and the natural truthful simplicity of the untruthfulness.”Beatrix Potter, author of The Tale of Peter Rabbit