Primary Maths for Scotland is the first maths mastery programme developed specifically for Scotland, written by an expert Scottish team to the CfE experiences and outcomes and benchmarks. The books are clear and simple, aiming to develop conceptual understanding alongside procedural fluency. Flexible and uncomplicated, Primary Maths for Scotland can fit in with existing plans and resources.
Find out more about each author below.
- Programme and Development Manager for Education at The University of the Highlands and Islands and formerly Learning and Teaching Officer for Numeracy and Mathematics for Moray Council.
- Angus maths lead and incoming chair of the Scottish Mathematical Council.
- Principal Teacher at Smithton Primary School.
- Head Teacher of Stockbridge Primary School, formerly Education Support Officer for numeracy at Aberdeen City Council.
- “My favourite thing about being a teacher is the relationships. When children trust you, you get so much back. I also love trying to get the best out of people, so the move into Senior Leadership has really suited me, as I get to build relationships with people of all ages.”
- PT Maths for a cluster of primary schools, formerly the lead for Glasgow City Council’s Glasgow Counts initiative and co-author of the Numeracy Progression Framework..
- “All children can achieve at maths and, if we teach for understanding rather than memory, we can provide them with essential numeracy skills for life.”
- Acting Depute of St. Bernadette’s Primary School, Falkirk.
- “Quite often pupils have a negative attitude towards maths and it is this, not their ability, that holds them back. I worked with a P5 pupil recently who always approached every maths task with an “I can’t do this” mentality. We changed her mantra to “I can’t do this yet” which enabled her to complete the question and achieve success.”
Download free resources below: