Thank you so much to those who took part in the Collins Big Cat Writing Competition 2019. The calibre of the entries this year were fantastic; we absolutely loved reading the wide range of innovative and original stories that we received.
Below you will find a list of the selected regional finalists and their published stories as well as the highly commended stories, along with the overall winners of the competition. We hope you enjoy our authors' readings of the winning stories!
Regional Finalists and Winners
Click on the images to read the winning stories!
The following stories were Highly Commended by our Judges:
- 'Earth and Environment' by Niall Lucius Boyle from Ostrava International School, Czech Republic
- 'The Mysterious Haunted Forest' by Anika Mediratta from Kenton College, Kenya
- 'Eco-Ninjas Amazed' by Chloe Kelly from Acacia International School, Malawi
- 'Globula Warmingoos' by Phạm Khải from Tesla International Bilingual School, Vietnam
- 'Timmy and Envirocat's Adventure' by Preston Dharmadi from ACS Jakarta, Indonesia
- 'Letter' by Islay Nolan from Cayman Prep and High School, Cayman Islands
- 'Recycle Fairy Friend' by Arunima Bhalla from Ambassador School, UAE
- 'What Will Happen to the Polluted Earth' by Lingyi Chou from Ostrava International School, Czech Republic
- 'Heroes of the Environment' by Imaan Hussain from Devonshire Road Primary School, UK