- In stock
The popular beginner instruction books for kids with fun exercises, theory and easy songs to play.
An exciting new collection of pieces by Heather Hammond and Karen Marshall, arranged and written specially for the twenty-first century child.
Following and supplementing the tried and tested progression of Get Set! Piano Tutor Book 1, it includes favourites like:
• Alice the camel
• Little bird
• Hot cross buns
• We wish you a Merry Christmas
There are also lots of engaging new pieces from jigs to jazz, featuring wriggly caterpillars, scary pirates and other imaginative characters. Many of the pieces have straightforward teacher duet parts to encourage ensemble playing from the start.
The book is attractively laid out and fully illustrated, with quizzes and crosswords to reinforce learning.
- …very attractively produced, with lots of activities to complete along the way to reinforce the overall theoretical learning also.
- …These two books working in conjunction with each other encompass so much in the way of theory, aural and sound learning that I for one will certainly be trying them
- ”'…it is clear that I am excited by 'Get Set! Piano”and plan to use it with all younger beginners who come to me from now on. This of course means that in a year or so I should hopefully be able to come back with a follow-up article, and let you all know how it goes! Hopefully my enthusiasm will be undiminished of course!
- ”But don’t wait - go ahead and order up a set of these tremendous books, and check out all the great resources on the 'Get Set! Piano”website - you really won’t regret it!'Andrew Eales - Pianodao
- ”'Get Set Piano! by Karen Marshall & Heather Hammond is probably the most outstanding - and exciting - piano tutor series to be published in recent years, and is one that I use personally for teaching children who are old enough to begin learning to read notation concurrently with playing. The visual appeal is instant and children find the mixture of favourite and new tunes engaging. The wide-ranging scope of these books inspires teachers to provide a comprehensive music learning experience as well as a meticulously thought-out piano teaching curriculum.”- Sandy Holland, music educator, pianist and examiner