- In stock
Get Set! Piano Pieces Book 1 is an exciting new collection of pieces by Heather Hammond and Karen Marshall, arranged and written specially for the twenty-first century child.
Following and supplementing the tried and tested progression of Get Set! Piano Tutor Book 1, it includes favourites like:
• Alice the camel
• Little bird
• Hot cross buns
• We wish you a Merry Christmas
There are also lots of engaging new pieces from jigs to jazz, featuring wriggly caterpillars, scary pirates and other imaginative characters. Many of the pieces have straightforward teacher duet parts to encourage ensemble playing from the start.
The book is attractively laid out and fully illustrated, with quizzes and crosswords to reinforce learning.
- …very attractively produced, with lots of activities to complete along the way to reinforce the overall theoretical learning also.
- …These two books working in conjunction with each other encompass so much in the way of theory, aural and sound learning that I for one will certainly be trying them
- ”'…it is clear that I am excited by 'Get Set! Piano”and plan to use it with all younger beginners who come to me from now on. This of course means that in a year or so I should hopefully be able to come back with a follow-up article, and let you all know how it goes! Hopefully my enthusiasm will be undiminished of course!
- ”But don’t wait - go ahead and order up a set of these tremendous books, and check out all the great resources on the 'Get Set! Piano”website - you really won’t regret it!'Andrew Eales - Pianodao