Happy Handwriting - Foundation Teacher's Guide
Happy Handwriting is a whole-school handwriting course that supports children in becoming confident, fluent writers. It consists of teacher guides, practice books and whiteboard slides with letter formation animations, providing a clear plan for frequent and discrete direct teaching. A Collins handwriting font licence is also supplied.
Teacher’s Guide Foundation contains all the guidance teachers need to support children in developing their handwriting skills, from diagnostic activities and checking posture to varied practice activities and memory phrases. Each week of content is presented as grid-based lesson plans for quick reference and easy planning. There are resource sheets and home practice sheets to provide additional practice opportunities, and a Collins Handwriting font licence is provided.
- Provides clear, practical advice for writing a whole-school handwriting policy.
- Based on the most recent research and expert advice for developing confident and fluent writers.
- A licence for the Collins Handwriting font is provided with every teacher guide to allow teachers to create their own activities and displays. The font contains print and cursive options as well as a version containing starting dots and direction arrows.
- Includes additional practice sheets to support all children in meeting ambitious handwriting goals and provides practical advice to meet the needs of left-handed children.
- Downloadable home practice activities for every unit are included to maximise parental involvement.