The Times Reference Atlas of the World: (Ninth edition)
Discover new places with authoritative atlases, beautifully designed and packaged.
Ninth edition of this popular atlas from the prestigious and authoritative Times Atlas range. Includes city plans and fascinating historical maps. This world atlas contains the breadth, scale and detail to make it an ideal reference resource for school, home and business.
The atlas has been brought fully up-to-date to provide a detailed and attractive picture of the world today. The beautifully illustrated introductory section gives a detailed profile of today’s world and covers major contemporary geographical and global issues – such as migration and population growth – through maps and graphics.
The fully up-to-date reference maps give exceptional detail and provide accurate, accessible and attractive coverage, helping you explore the world.
A comprehensive guide to the world’s states and territories including flags, capitals and key statistics is included. Making this an ideal reference atlas for home, school or office.
• Authoritative mapping of the whole world
• Plans of 46 of the world’s major cities
• Geographical reference section with flags and statistics for the world’s states and territories
• Maps and illustrations on major geographical themes, including earthquakes, population, cities, climate and migration
• Historical mapping of the world from 1858 to the present day
• More than 45,000 index entries
Mapping updates include
• Country name changes – Eswatini (formerly Swaziland) and North Macedonia (formerly Macedonia)
• Changes to capital cities in Chile, Eswatini, Burundi, Micronesia and Kazakhstan
• Elevation updated for Everest and Kilimanjaro
• Transport infrastructure revisions in China; new highways opened from Istanbul to Izmir and St Petersburg to Moscow
• More than 500 place names changes with extensive changes in Malaysia, Myanmar, Indonesia, New Zealand