Collins Cambridge International AS & A Level - Cambridge International AS & A Level Global Perspectives and Research Student's Book
Collins Cambridge International AS & A Level Global Perspectives and Research is a highly supportive and user-friendly resource to support the learning and teaching of the Cambridge International AS & A Level Global Perspectives & Research syllabus (9239). It comprises a Student’s Book, Workbook and a Teacher’s Guide.
The Student’s Book offers a clear and comprehensive route through the course, with an emphasis on developing skills through written and oral activities. It promotes and encourages critical thinking, self-reflection and independent thought and provides students with opportunities to understand and engage with key global issues. The emphasis throughout is on developing key skills and applying them to topics of global significance. Students are encouraged to consider themes and issues particularly relevant to their areas of interest, topical news items, or geographical region.
Linking to the Critical Path in every unit, the course helps students understand and develop effective research skills, with guidance on areas such as how to choose a topic and how to write a research report. Practical examples and explanations are given to help with planning, researching, structuring and presenting a written report, while communication and collaboration skills are focussed on in units relating to the team project.
- carefully designed to develop research, communication and critical thinking skills
- approachable and user friendly
- visually appealing with a clear layout
- engaging and interesting topics chosen to stimulate students’ interest
- useful feature boxes to guide students through the critical path
- a wide range of texts and annotated examples to model the approach and skills
- offers support for non-native English students in academic English and presentations
- allows exploration and modelling of key skills through extended ‘Special Focus’ pages or spreads
We are working with Cambridge Assessment International Education towards endorsement of this title to support the full syllabus for examination from 2023.