- In stock
One photocopiable and editable teacher pack with 9 knowledge-rich projects to build skills, reading stamina and cultural understanding in Key Stage 3 English.
Invigorate your KS3 English curriculum and create a firm foundation for GCSE 9–1 English with 9 projects over three years and ready-to-use teaching PowerPoints, lesson plans and student activity worksheets.
- Explore thematically linked extracts from nineteenth-century fiction, poetry and non-fiction and twenty-first-century non-fiction to build a springboard for GCSE 9-1 English and English Literature
- Illuminate and understand key contexts for GCSE 9-1 set texts such as growing up, crime and punishment, monsters and medicine, and child labour
- Develop and interleave knowledge, skills and cultural capital to build a coherently planned curriculum that enriches students’ study in Key Stage 3 English
- Easy to use and fit alongside your English department’s class readers, plays and anthologies
- Save time with expertly planned and sequenced lessons with ready-made teaching PowerPoints, age-appropriate texts and student activity worksheets
- Photocopiable and editable files on the free download on collins.co.uk//ReimagineKS3English/download
- 'It is refreshing to see such resources becoming available for Key Stage 3. Reimagine Key Stage 3 English is both accessible and engaging and introduces the learners to more complex literature whilst developing their skills of analysis. As a resource, this enhances the learners' experiences of English and most importantly, avoids the repetition of the key GCSE texts themselves. It is great to see the teaching of language through the use of literature; it is a more stimulating, effective and efficient use of time in the classroom.
- As this resource is thematic, it can be used to enhance the teaching of other texts within the Key Stage 3 curriculum. It is an adaptable resource that could be implemented immediately. It would support new teachers and non-specialists and give them confidence in the classroom. The resources could also be used as extension activities or as both short-term and long-term cover lessons. Reimagine Key Stage 3 could also prove useful in setting tasks online for long distance learning activities, to encourage independent learning at an earlier age. In essence, having such a resource would save all teachers a great deal of time and could act as an accessible and stimulating way to refresh their Key Stage 3 Curriculum.
- If you need new ideas for your Key Stage 3 Curriculum, Reimagine Key Stage 3 English is the resource for you.'
- Christine Thomas, Director of Everything English Education Consultancy and Regional Officer for NATE