- Released in 19 days
Clearer pronunciation for better communication
: If your English accent is letting you down, this is the perfect book for you. You’ll see and hear how to soften the influence of your mother tongue and speak clear English everyone will understand.
Professional accent coaches Sarah and Helen show you how to pronounce each sound and when to use them. They will help you recognize why your native language makes you mispronounce certain sounds and which sounds you therefore need to focus on.
This new edition makes it even easier to speak clear English, with more practice opportunities and improved sections on stress and intonation, connected speech and consonant clusters. It also includes a new visual questionnaire, in the form of a map, to help you identify which parts of the book are most relevant for you, based on your mother tongue.
Collins Work on your Accent also features:
• Thirty-six units on the main consonant and vowel sounds in English
• ‘What am I doing wrong?’ section looks at the mistakes you are most likely to be making based on your native language
• Advice on rhythm, stress and pitch
• Videos, illustrations and photos demonstrating the correct positions to produce accurate sounds
• Online video and audio clips providing clear native speaker model pronunciation
• Extra practice sections concentrating on the most problematic sounds
CEF level B1-C2
Suitable for self-study and classroom use.
- ‘This splendid book is extremely user-friendly, and one I would strongly recommend as a supplement to speaking courses everywhere.’Wayne Trotman, EL Gazette, December 2012