- In stock
Clearer pronunciation for better communication
If your English accent is letting you down, this is the perfect book for you. You’ll see and hear how to soften the influence of your mother tongue and speak clear English everyone will understand.
Professional accent coaches Sarah and Helen show you how to pronounce each sound and when to use them. They will help you recognize why your native language makes you mispronounce certain sounds and which sounds you therefore need to focus on.
Collins Work on your Accent features:
- Thirty-eight units on the main consonant and vowel sounds in English
- Advice on rhythm, stress and pitch
- Expanded connected speech section, with extensive practice and pronunciation exercises
- Clear illustrations and photos show the correct positions to produce accurate sounds
- Audio and video, available to download free, provides clear model pronunciation
- A diagnostic quiz to identify areas to work on
- Learn from the ‘Common mistakes’ sections in every unit
CEF level B1-C2
Suitable for self-study and classroom use.
- ‘This splendid book is extremely user-friendly, and one I would strongly recommend as a supplement to speaking courses everywhere.’Wayne Trotman, EL Gazette, December 2012