- In stock
Exam Board: AQA, Edexcel, OCR, WJEC, Eduqas
Level & Subject: Key Stage 3 English, GCSE English Language, GCSE English Literature
First teaching: September 2015 First exams: June 2017
Joint 5 Star Winner for Curriculum Impact in the 2019 Teach Secondary Awards
Take your students’ writing into the highest mark bands with this practical teacher pack.
The Crafting Brilliant Sentences teacher pack provides a systematic approach to teaching sentence grammar to help students craft successful narrative, descriptive, discursive and analytical writing for GCSE.
60 readymade lessons will build your department’s confidence in teaching grammar to improve accuracy and boost results.
Each chapter focuses first on understanding an element of the sentence and then on using it in different ways to craft effective narrative, descriptive, discursive or analytical writing.
• Provides a consistent approach for your department, working through each aspect of the sentence and enabling you to target areas of weakness.
• Gives you everything you need to teach from detailed lesson plans, including answers, to PowerPoints and worksheets.
• Supports progress: further intervention activities for each lesson will help students to embed their learning, while a progress-tracking spreadsheet allows you to identify where more support is needed.
• Adapt the resources to your needs: the flexible format means lessons can be taught as a full grammar and writing programme, or dipped into to fit your own schemes of work.
• Expert support from Lindsay Skinner, Headteacher St James and a PiXL Associate.
• Download all resources in Word, PDF, and PowerPoint from www.collins.co.uk/pages/craftingbrilliantsentences-downloads
- ”The resources are so comprehensive and offer great support to teachers that will help to reduce workload. They also offer different ways of using the resource so a teacher can adapt how they incorporate it in their lessons.”judged by Huntington School for the Five Star Curriculum Impact Award for Teach Secondary 2019