- In stock
Provide students with a strong understanding of religion with high quality, engaging and knowledge-rich resources building a firm foundation for the new GCSE 9-1 Religious Studies.
Deliver a rich, coherent RE course at KS3 and equip pupils with a deep understanding of religion with ready-made, flexible and high quality KS3 lessons.
‘Knowing Religion’ is written by an author team of experienced RE teachers and led by series editor Robert Orme of West London Free School.
• Discover the history and beliefs of Christianity as well as Christianity in the modern world
• Start teaching straight away with Teacher Guide resources available on Collins Connect, including teaching ideas and support along with answers to questions in the student books
• Give pupils the grounding they need to excel at GCSE RS
• Ignite an interest in religion through a compelling narrative, fascinating facts and extraordinary people
• Aid pupil memory with a ‘knowledge organiser’ at the end of each unit covering key vocabulary, people, places, and dates
• Spark discussion and assess understanding with questions for each lesson including longer-form discursive questions to provide extended writing and essay practice
• Each book structured as 16 lessons to offer flexibility and map onto the school timetable with ease
• The ‘Knowing Religion’ series also includes resources on Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism and Sikhism
- ”Knowing Religion provides essential grounding and practice for the demands of the new GCSE course.”– Lisa James, Curriculum Leader of Religion and Philosophy, Cardiff High School
- ”A very detailed, yet highly accessible source, with interesting facts and differentiated questions to check the understanding of all abilities. This book will save hours of planning.”– Mr Blair Richard Carter, Teacher of Philosophy & Head of Year
- ”Knowing Religion not only provides a good grounding for further RE studies but also equips students with skills that will be transferable to a wide variety of learning contexts”– Debbie Smith, R.E. Co-ordinator, Ovingham Middle School
- 'I have found the structure of Christianity lends itself to engaging lessons and swift progress' – Liam Maher, Head of Religious Studies, Southchurch High School
- ”The structure of the books is excellent, and the explanations of religious concepts and practices are concise and succinct.”– Prabhjap Singh Jutla, The British Sikh School
- ”The structure and organisation of the information in Knowing Religion is very logical which makes it easy to understand. The chronology of events enables students to get a deeper understanding of the background of religious beliefs and teachings.”– Ms. Shazia Iqbal, Director of Humanities, Whitworth Community High School