Collins Big Cat - Welcome to My City: Band 14/Ruby
Come on a tour of four exciting – and very different – cities! Find out what it’s like to live in Bristol, Paris, Los Angeles and Abu Dhabi, and discover:
- fun things to do
- important landmarks and history
- how the local landscape and climate have affected life in each city.
- Ruby/Band 14 books give increasing opportunities for children to develop their skills of inference and deduction.
- Text type – An information book.
- The book is organised into short chapters to help children practise the skills of locating and identifying important information.
- The glossary and index on pages 44 and 45 can be used to develop children's information retrieval skills further.
- Curriculum links – Geography – locational knowledge
Collins Big Cat supports every primary child on their reading journey from phonics to fluency. Top authors and illustrators have created fiction and non-fiction books that children love to read. Book banded for guided and independent reading, there are reading notes in the back, comprehensive teaching and assessment support and ebooks available.
Collins Big Cat is a whole-school reading programme that provides complete support for primary reading. Children will become fluent readers through hundreds of high-quality fiction and non-fiction banded books by award-winning authors and illustrators. In-depth teaching resources support you in developing and assessing key reading skills at all stages from early reading through to phonics, to guided, whole-class and independent reading for more confident readers.