- In stock
Year 8 Teacher's Pack 3 contains everything you need to deliver effective lessons with confidence for students working at Levels 6-7. All the lesson plans and resources support the new Framework.
Year 8 Teacher's Pack 3 offers:
• A Framework Objectives Matching Chart to display at-a-glance where each strand and sub-strand of the new Framework for KS3 maths is covered.
• Chapter overviews specially written to show quickly what content and level each chapter covers, making planning ahead easy.
• Lesson plans designed to engage pupils working at Levels 6-7 and ensure progression, saving you valuable time.
• Functional Maths Notes to help deliver lessons that give pupils Functional Skills.
Each of the clear, detailed, double-page lesson plans provides:
• Framework objectives
• List of Key Words for the lesson
• Engaging oral and mental starter activities to involve the whole class
• Main lesson activities to help lead students into exercise questions
• Plenary guidance to conclude each lesson
• Ideas for differentiation
• Answers to the questions in the accompanying Pupil Book
• Extra homework questions and answers
All the lesson plans are also provided on CD-ROM as PDFs and MS Word files for easy customisation. You will need a Network Licence if you want to use the CD-ROM on more than one computer.
- Praise for Maths Frameworking:
- “Takes the pressure off planning- which is superb” Nigel Wills, Head of Maths at Fort Hill School
- ‘…even at this early stage (only a week in) I have been really impressed with the scheme so far. Our NQTs love the lesson plans and say they really help with ideas and with them finding out what sort of level to teach a topic.
- The lower set pupils love the workbooks, and they have been a great motivator. The books are clear and easy to read and are excellent practise for filling in SATs papers. Our only problem is that we struggle to get them to stop working and move on to their next lesson!
- We had a very heated discussion with one Year 9 boy who was insisting that he took his book home to carry on, and was very angry when we said he couldn’t take it home! These pupils who are usually fairly unmotivated are working through at a real pace.’
- Cass Jackson, Barr Beacon Language College