Collins Big Cat - It’s Great To Be Small!: Band 04/Blue
- Ebba the baby elephant doesn’t like being the smallest elephant in her group. When she meets Tiny the mouse, though, Ebba realises that it’s not how big you are on the outside that matters! A beautifully illustrated story by well-known children’s book author Jane Simmons.
- Blue/Band 4 books offer longer, repeated patterns with sequential events and integrated literary and natural language.
- Children can recap things in the story that Ebba was scared of using the story map on pages 14–15.
- Text type: A story with a familiar setting
- Curriculum links: Citizenship: Personal, Social and Emotional Development
Collins Big Cat supports every primary child on their reading journey from phonics to fluency. Top authors and illustrators have created fiction and non-fiction books that children love to read. Book banded for guided and independent reading, there are reading notes in the back, comprehensive teaching and assessment support and ebooks available.
Collins Big Cat is a whole-school reading programme that provides complete support for primary reading. Children will become fluent readers through hundreds of high-quality fiction and non-fiction banded books by award-winning authors and illustrators. In-depth teaching resources support you in developing and assessing key reading skills at all stages from early reading through to phonics, to guided, whole-class and independent reading for more confident readers.