Collins Big Cat - Our World: Band 02B/Red B
- Take a look at different climates and landscapes from around the globe. Explore climates that are wet, dry, hot and cold using simple explanations and vibrant pictures in this photographic non-fiction book by Monica Hughes.
- Red B/Band 2B books offer simple but varied text with familiar objects and actions, combined with simple story development and a satisfying conclusion.
- A world map on pages 14–15 shows where each of the countries featured in the photographs are located to give children context and to help them recap information in the book.
- Text type: A simple information book
- Curriculum links: Geography
Collins Big Cat supports every primary child on their reading journey from phonics to fluency. Top authors and illustrators have created fiction and non-fiction books that children love to read. Book banded for guided and independent reading, there are reading notes in the back, comprehensive teaching and assessment support and ebooks available.
Collins Big Cat is a whole-school reading programme that provides complete support for primary reading. Children will become fluent readers through hundreds of high-quality fiction and non-fiction banded books by award-winning authors and illustrators. In-depth teaching resources support you in developing and assessing key reading skills at all stages from early reading through to phonics, to guided, whole-class and independent reading for more confident readers.