Collins Big Cat - Jack and the Beanstalk: Band 02B/Red B
- Jack’s mum sends Jack to sell their cow so that they have food to eat. But instead of coming home with money, Jack comes home with magic beans that grown into a giant beanstalk. What does Jack find at the top? This retelling of the traditional tale is written by award-winning author Caryl Hart.
- Red B/Band 2B books offer simple but varied text with familiar objects and actions, combined with simple story development and a satisfying conclusion.
- Children can recap Jack’s journey using the story map on pages 14–15.
- Text type: A traditional tale
- Curriculum links: Literacy
Collins Big Cat supports every primary child on their reading journey from phonics to fluency. Top authors and illustrators have created fiction and non-fiction books that children love to read. Book banded for guided and independent reading, there are reading notes in the back, comprehensive teaching and assessment support and ebooks available.
Collins Big Cat is a whole-school reading programme that provides complete support for primary reading. Children will become fluent readers through hundreds of high-quality fiction and non-fiction banded books by award-winning authors and illustrators. In-depth teaching resources support you in developing and assessing key reading skills at all stages from early reading through to phonics, to guided, whole-class and independent reading for more confident readers.