- In stock
Believing in magic makes dreams come true…
Jackie dreams of having a horse of her own, one that’ll be the fastest on the estate, the fastest in all Ireland and the fastest in the world. Mum dreams of a little cottage in the country for her and Jackie to live in.
What they get is a garden gnome that Jackie finds in a rubbish skip; one she lovingly repairs and paints; a gnome she calls Mr Skip.
And Jackie soon discovers that with Mr Skip, anything is possible.
- Praise for Michael Morpurgo:“Michael Morpurgo writes brilliantly about war and animals, conveying the big emotions without preaching.” – The Guardian
- “Champagne quality over a wide range of subjects.” – Daily Telegraph
- “There are few children’s writers as compelling as Michael Morpurgo.” – Daily Express
- “Morpurgo’s gift is to make this long-ago world of danger and heartbreak accessible without ever patronising his young readers.” – Sunday Mercury
- “Morpurgo, as always, is subtle and skillful, and incorporates social and moral issues into his writing without being self-righteous or detracting from the quality of the narrative”Elizabeth Reilly – British Council
- “The former children's laureate has the happy knack of speaking to both child and adult readers.” -The Guardian.