- In stock
In 1850 in Scotland, a great storm washed away tonnes of soil to reveal the remains of a village that existed 4,000 years before. Discover what was found at the lost village of Skara Brae and what life was like in the New Stone Age.
• Turquoise/Band 7 books offer literary language and extended descriptions, with longer sentences and a wide range of unfamiliar terms.
• Text type: An Information Book.
• A visual timeline on pages 22 and 23 show how life has changed in Skara Brae over time, providing plenty of speaking and listening opportunities.
• Curriculum links: History: What were homes like a long time ago?; Geography: An island home.
• This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.