- In stock
Do you want to sound more like a native speaker of English?
You need the key phrases and the conversational tools native speakers use to get their message across.
Collins Speaking will help you become a confident and fluent speaker of English by choosing the right words, pronunciation and tone. Learn how to start up conversations, keep conversations going and deal with difficult situations.
Includes practice on:
• starting conversations
• making suggestions
• giving and receiving compliments
• asking for and giving opinions
• saying no politely
Collins Speaking is part of the new English for Life series and uses authentic material from the Collins Corpus, the world’s largest database of the English language. It is suitable for self-study and classroom use, and can help towards Cambridge FCE preparation. Suitable for Intermediate learners of English (CEF level B1+).
- About the Collins English for Life series:‘… superb, attractively packaged series (…) excellent support for candidates preparing for the Cambridge FCE and higher (…) work on the topics, skills and current needs of the language learner (…) may be used in various ways: either by learners alone, by teachers, or by teacher trainers on language development courses.’
- About English for Life: Speaking:‘…gets to the core of what is required to communicate appropriately (…) Particularly useful are the cultural notes and related tasks’.
- Wayne Trotman, EL Gazette, August 2012