- In stock
Build your child’s reading confidence at home with books at the right level
This stunning non-fiction book presents the underwater world and why we must protect this special place. There are simple descriptions of food chains, bizarre ways in which deep creatures support each other and ecosystems. Threats to marine life as well as conservation efforts are described in detail.
• Ruby/Band 14 books give increasing opportunities for children to develop their skills of inference and deduction.
• Text type – An information book.
• There is a useful glossary and index on page 44 and a sample poster on page 47, designed to persuade us to 'Save our Oceans'.
• Curriculum links – PSHE and citizenship:Preparing to play an active role as citizens; to research, discuss and debate topical issues, problems and events.
• This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.