Collins Big Cat - A Letter to New Zealand: Band 06/Orange
- Orange/ Band 6 books offer varied text and characters, with action sustained over several pages.
- Text type – A recount/ explanation text.
- At the end of the book is a useful timeline showing a summary of each step, which can be used to recap the procedure orally or to support children’s writing outside the reading session.
- Curriculum links – Geography: Other people and places; Citizenship: People who help us.
- This book has been levelled for Reading Recovery.
- This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.
Collins Big Cat supports every primary child on their reading journey from phonics to fluency. Top authors and illustrators have created fiction and non-fiction books that children love to read. Book banded for guided and independent reading, there are reading notes in the back, comprehensive teaching and assessment support and ebooks available.
Collins Big Cat is a whole-school reading programme that provides complete support for primary reading. Children will become fluent readers through hundreds of high-quality fiction and non-fiction banded books by award-winning authors and illustrators. In-depth teaching resources support you in developing and assessing key reading skills at all stages from early reading through to phonics, to guided, whole-class and independent reading for more confident readers.