- In stock
Sam the big, bad cat isn’t feeling well. Tom wants to take him to the vet. Sam doesn’t want to go, and finds a variety of hiding places to escape. Tom pursues him, getting more and more bedraggled in the process. Finally Tom goes to bed, leaving Sam – who is feeling much better – to enjoy a snack.
• Yellow level/ Band 3 books offer early readers varied sentence structure and natural language.
• Text type – A story with a familiar setting.
• A storyboard on pages 14 and 15 reveals all of Sam’s hiding places in a pictorial summary of the day, providing the opportunity to recap the story.
• Curriculum links – Citizenship: animals and us.
• This book has been levelled for Reading Recovery.
This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.