Collins Big Cat - My Friend Joe: Band 00/Lilac
- A boy makes a paper plane and accidentally throws it over the wall. Little does he know that another boy called Joe lives on the other side of that wall and wants to play, too. This beautiful narrative non-fiction book about friendship is written and illustrated by award-winning illustrator Russell Ayto.
- Lilac/Band 0 books are wordless books that tell a story through pictures and are designed to develop understanding about how stories work.
- Children can follow and recap the story sequence about how the boys became friends using the story map on pages 14–15.
- Text type: A wordless story
- Curriculum links: Personal, social and emotional development
Collins Big Cat supports every primary child on their reading journey from phonics to fluency. Top authors and illustrators have created fiction and non-fiction books that children love to read. Book banded for guided and independent reading, there are reading notes in the back, comprehensive teaching and assessment support and ebooks available.
Collins Big Cat is a whole-school reading programme that provides complete support for primary reading. Children will become fluent readers through hundreds of high-quality fiction and non-fiction banded books by award-winning authors and illustrators. In-depth teaching resources support you in developing and assessing key reading skills at all stages from early reading through to phonics, to guided, whole-class and independent reading for more confident readers.