Collins Big Cat - What’s in the Egg?: Band 00/Lilac
- This photographic information book by Moira Butterfield shows the variety of creatures that hatch from eggs, including fish, turtles, crocodiles, seagulls and eagles.
- Lilac/Band 0 books are wordless books that have a narrative using pictures.
- A simple pictorial summary with labels on pages 14–15 provides an opportunity to recap and discuss the information in the book.
- Text type: A wordless information book
- Curriculum links: Understanding of the world
Collins Big Cat supports every primary child on their reading journey from phonics to fluency. Top authors and illustrators have created fiction and non-fiction books that children love to read. Book banded for guided and independent reading, there are reading notes in the back, comprehensive teaching and assessment support and ebooks available.
Collins Big Cat is a whole-school reading programme that provides complete support for primary reading. Children will become fluent readers through hundreds of high-quality fiction and non-fiction banded books by award-winning authors and illustrators. In-depth teaching resources support you in developing and assessing key reading skills at all stages from early reading through to phonics, to guided, whole-class and independent reading for more confident readers.